Learn about the TechneValue
commitment to protecting
Get the most powerful and secure online experience
TechneValue GmbH and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“TechneValue”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provide this Site subject to this Privacy Notice. By accessing and using the Site, you accept and agree to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site.
Privacy Shield Framework and Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, GDPR rights may be available to you. TechneValue and its controlled EU subsidiaries can manage Personal Information based on GDPR Notice. To learn more about the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation please visit www.gdpr.eu.
Information We Collect about You
TechneValue is committed to protecting your privacy. So you should be aware that we may collect information about you through your use of our Site. Some of the information we collect may personally identify you. For example:
- You may provide registration information, such as your username, first and last name, mailing address, email address, language preference, country, and occupation, when using the Site to purchase or register a product, download software, participate in an online community or event, or subscribe to a newsletter. When registering a product, we may store your registration information along with any information you have provided during previous visits as part of your personal profile.
- You may provide information in our online communities, such as posts or comments. This may occur when you invite others to join an online community or when you share a post or blog. For example, you may provide names and email addresses when sharing a post.
- You may provide transaction information when using the Site (e.g., purchasing or registering a product or requesting information), including your name, billing address, and payment information.
- Location, IP address, domain, browser, viewing data, and other information may be collected as a part of our analysis of your use of our Site.
- You may provide your resume (work history, contact information, education history, etc.) for consideration for employment.
By using the Site, you consent to our collection of your information.
Use of Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To proceed with your registration and to make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your information more than once;
- To deliver services or products that you request, purchase, or download;
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information;
- To notify you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new services via email, phone, chat or other means;
- To respond to inquiries or to communicate with you, such as through welcome messages, newsletters, or direct marketing;
- To facilitate participation in our online communities;
- To perform market research or to conduct surveys unless you have requested that we not contact you for this purpose;
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To send periodic emails, calls, or chats regarding your order or other products and services
- To enhance our marketing and to improve our Site, services, and products;
- To consider you for employment, if you have provided information for such purpose; or
- To comply with legal requirements and to prevent activities that may violate our policies.
By using the Site, you consent to our use of your information for these purposes.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information outside of TechneValue except in limited circumstances, such as:
- We may share your personal information with other TechneValue companies and our business partners when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above.
- We may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases or postal mail, answering customer questions about products or services, and processing event registration. We will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) to protect and defend the rights or property of TechneValue, or (iii) to act in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- In the event that TechneValue, or any portion thereof, is sold, transferred, merged, financed, or dissolved, in whole or in part, your personal information that we may possess may be sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of the transaction or proceeding, unless you instruct us not to do so.
- We may use a third-party service to host our online communities or to provide website analytics. We may also hire third parties to collect data or may purchase data from third parties, including renting email address lists for use in email campaigns. We will provide the same security and management options as set forth herein for data collected from our Site, phone system, chat, social media, support portal, or other system. However, you may encounter links to third-party sites (e.g., business partners) and, although a connection may be made to such sites, we are not responsible for their privacy policies and this Privacy Notice does not cover their practices.
Control of Your Information
When you provide personal information to us, we will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than in circumstances referred to above. We may send out important notices informing you of changes to our policies, technical service issues related to a product or service, or other information that is essential to the use of our Site, services, and products.
Access to Your Information
You may review and update this information or request deletions of any and all of your personal information at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Security of Your Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we honor your choices for its intended use. We have implemented the appropriate safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. We make good faith efforts to provide the security measures necessary to keep the integrity and confidentiality of your information safe. However, no system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that our security measures are impenetrable.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. As an example, you should not share your password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password.
Cookies and Other Mechanisms
A cookie is placed on your machine (if you accept cookies) or is read if you have visited our Site previously. All of this is done in accordance with applicable laws. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) While using the Site, we do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on the Site; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. We may share aggregated Site statistics with our business partners but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on the Site.
To ensure we are creating and publishing relevant content, we may use information collected from cookies and other mechanisms. We may use this information in aggregated form and use site-visitation statistics to improve our sites. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our Site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however, you will not experience a personalized visit or to subscribe to the service offerings on our Site.
Transfer of Your Information Across Borders
Your information may be stored and processed in Switzerland or any other country in which TechneValue or its companies maintain facilities. By using our Site, you consent to any transfer, storage, or processing of information outside of your country. Several countries, including those in the European Economic Area, have established data protection laws and regulations that place restrictions on the transfer of personal information across country borders. We are committed to complying with all of those laws and regulations. However, when you use our Site and provide such personal information, you should do so in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations in your country.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from nor send requests for personal data to individuals under the age of 13.
TechneValue may update and make changes to the Privacy Notice at any time. When we do so, we will also revise the date at the bottom of the first page of the Privacy Notice. When we make material changes to the Privacy Notice, we will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Site.
If you have any questions about the Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last updated: Jun 18, 2020
Seestrasse 160, 8806 Bäch, Switzerland
+41 (0)79 942 93 41